Substrate size (up to)
200 mm dia.
Water-cooled, helium backside cooling contact, rotation up to 20 rpm, optional RF bias, electrostatic clamping and wafer heating (up to 750 °C)
|Magnetron with rotating magnetic field or|
up to 4 magnetrons in confocal arrangement or
Double Ring Magnetron (DRM 400) from Fraunhofer FEP
DC in uni- or bipolar pulse mode (up to 2 x 10 kW) and/or RF (up to 6 kW, 13.56 MHz)
< 1 x 10-6 mbar
System dimensions (W x D x H)
2.70 m x 1.10 m x 1.60 m, for single chamber with cassette handling (without electrical rack and pumps)
Single chamber with single substrate load lock or cassette handling, Cluster system with up to 5 process chambers and cassette handling
SECS II / GEM, OPC
Advanced Wafer Coatings
The scia Magna 200 is used for precision wafer coatings by deposition of metals and/or dielectric layers. With its selectable sputter modes and arrangements the system can be configured according the customer requirements. In addition, the system is suitable for small scale R&D applications as well as for mass production, in cluster layout with software controlled automatic production.
Features & Benefits
- RF bias for conformity and stress control
- Superior uniformity with rotatable substrate holder
- Low substrate temperature with helium cooling contact and electrostatic chuck
- High deposition rates with reactive sputtering in unipolar and bipolar mode
- Variation of film properties by adjustable energetic substrate bombardment
- Co-sputtering with confocal arrangement of magnetrons
- Temperature compensation films for TC-SAW devices (SiO2)
- Piezoelectric films with excellent and defined crystal orientation (AlN, AlScN) and electrode materials (Mo)
- Optical high- and low- refractive coatings (SiO2, TiO2, HfO2, ZrO2, Nb2O5 , Ta2O5)
- Electrical insulating films (Si3N4, SiO2, Al2O3)
- Co-sputtering of metals and alloys
- Temperature Compensation for surface acoustic wave wafers (TC-SAW)
- Magnetron Sputtering in several configurations:
- Single magnetron with rotating magnetic field, magnetron dia. > substrate dia.
- Up to 4 magnetrons in confocal arrangement, magnetron dia. < substrate dia. (rotation required)
- DRM 400 from Fraunhofer FEP with two concentric targets, magnetron dia. > substrate dia.
Magnetron Sputtering utilizes plasma ion bombardment on a target to deposit thin films on the substrate surface.
Static deposition with single circular FFE magnetron
Confocal Sputtering with up to 4 Magnetrons
Static deposition with DRM with two concentric targets