The scia Opto 300 is used for uniform coating of precision optics. With up to 6 targets for flexible multilayer deposition, even a mixing of target materials is possible. Two loading positions allow continuous and fully automatic processing of the substrates. Optical in-situ monitoring with integrated test glass changer ensures highest precision and optimized uniformity of coating.
- Variable substrate sizes up to 300 mm dia.
- Automatic loading with two loading positions for continuous processing
- Up to 6 target materials on a rotatable trum, each target up to 300 mm x 300 mm, with optimized geometry for mixed layers or smooth transition between layers
- Excellent process uniformity by substrate rotation with up to 60 rpm
- In-situ optical thickness monitor (OTM) and test glass changer
- Optimized geometry for coating with low stress
- Dielectric mirrors (e.g. rugate filters)
- Optical coatings for high- and anti-reflective layers, bandpass and notch filters
- High laser damage threshold coatings
- Deposition of refractive index gradient layers
- In-situ preprocessing of substrates (etching, cleaning, smoothing)
- Metallic, seed and protective coatings
- Primary source sputters material from a target to the facedown oriented substrate
- Secondary source used for pre-cleaning the substrate and / or assist during deposition
Ion Beam Sputtering (IBS) thereby material is sputtered from a target with an ion beam and is deposited on the substrate.
Dual Ion Beam Sputtering (DIBS) uses an additional assist ion beam source to influence the growing film.
Substrate size (up to)
300 mm dia.
Substrate rotation up to 60 rpm, includes optical thickness monitor (OTM) and test glass changer
Ion beam sources
Sputter source: 120 mm circular RF source (RF120-e)
RF driven plasma bridge neutralizer (N-RF)
Target drum with 6 water-cooled targets (each up to 300 mm x 300 mm)
Typical deposition rates
Si: 6 nm/min, SiO2: 9 nm/min, Ta2O5: 6 nm/min
≤ 0.8 % (σ/mean) for 300 mm
< 5 x 10-8 mbar
System dimension (W x D x H)
4.60 m x 1.80 m x 2.20 m, for single chamber with double substrate load lock (without electrical rack and pumps)
Single chamber with double substrate load lock
SECS II / GEM, OPC