The scia Coat 500 is used for homogeneous coating of large substrates for precision optics. Recipe controlled deposition processes allow a repeatable quality of multilayer stacks. Thereby, a changeable shaper system (up to 4 shapers) compensates parameter and/or material dependent inhomogeneity effects and enables the deposition of defined gradient films.
- Excellent uniformity by superposition of substrate rotation and linear movement
- Up to 6 water cooled target materials on a rotational holder for in-situ change
- Recipe controlled multilayer deposition with quartz crystal oscillator and/or optical thickness monitor (OTM)
- Controlled movement of linear axis system for gradient coating or surface error correction
- Optional substrate heating up to 250 °C to optimize film stress
- Multilayer films for optical filters, X-ray mirrors and synchrotron mirrors
- Optical coatings for high- and anti-reflective and dielectric layers
- Deposition of films with property gradients (Göbel mirrors)
- Ion beam smoothing
- One-dimensional ion beam figuring
- Primary source sputters material from a target to the face-down oriented substrate
- Secondary source used for precleaning the substrate and/or assist during deposition
Ion Beam Sputtering (IBS) thereby material is sputtered from a target with an ion beam and is deposited on the substrate.
Dual Ion Beam Sputtering (DIBS) uses an additional assist ion beam source to influence the growing film.
Ion Beam Etching (IBE) uses a collimated beam of inert gas ions for structuring or material removal.
Substrate size (up to)
500 mm x 300 mm
Linear movement from 0.1 mm/min up to 15 mm/s, rotation up to 300 rpm (max. 300 mm dia.)
Ion beam sources
Two 380 mm linear microwave ECR sources (LIN380-e)
Filament driven plasma bridge neutralizer (N-DC)
Target drum with up to 6 tiltable and water cooled targets (each max. 400 mm x 200 mm)
Typical deposition rate
Si: 10 nm/min
≤ 0.5 % over 200 mm dia. (σ/mean)
< 5 x 10-8 mbar
System dimension (W x D x H)
3.30 m x 1.70 m x 2.00 m (without electrical rack and pumps)
Single chamber, optional single substrate load lock for substrates up to 200 mm dia.
SECS II / GEM, OPC