The scia Coat 200 has an excellent uniformity for coatings on up to 200 mm substrates. By using ion beam sputter deposition instead of other deposition processes, smooth and defect-free films can be achieved. In-situ optical monitoring ensures excellent process stability. Additionally, the system enables handling of wafer as well as arbitrary shaped substrates.
- Excellent uniformity by substrate rotation and tilt
- Up to 5 water cooled target materials on a rotational holder for in-situ change
- Recipe controlled multilayer deposition with quartz crystal oscillator and/or optical thickness monitor (OTM) and test glass changer
- Direct wafer handling or adaptation to variable substrate sizes with carrier handling
- If equipped with a 350 mm ion beam source as assist source also usable for ion beam etching processes
- Primary source sputters material from a target to the vertical or face-down oriented substrate
- Secondary source used for precleaning the substrate and/or assist during deposition
Ion Beam Sputtering (IBS) thereby material is sputtered from a target with an ion beam and is deposited on the substrate.
Dual Ion Beam Sputtering (DIBS) uses an additional assist ion beam source to influence the growing film.
Ion Beam Etching (IBE) uses a collimated beam of inert gas ions for structuring or material removal.
Substrate size (up to)
200 mm dia.
Water cooled, helium backside cooling contact, substrate rotation 5 to 20 rpm, tiltable in-situ from 0° to 160° in 0.1° steps
Ion beam sources
Sputter source: 120 mm circular RF source (RF120-e)
Filament driven (N-DC) or RF driven (N-RF) plasma bridge neutralizer
Target drum with tiltable and water cooled targets, up to 5 (each max. 220 mm dia.) or up to 4 (each max. 300 mm dia.)
Typical deposition rates
Ag: 35 nm/min, Al: 10 nm/min, Si: 15 nm/min, Ti: 8 nm/min, Al2O3: 15 nm/min, SiO2: 20 nm/min, Ta2O5: 15 nm/min, TiO2: 6 nm/min
≤ 0.5 % (σ/mean)
< 5 x 10-7 mbar
System dimension (W x D x H)
3.10 m x 1.70 m x 2.40 m, for single chamber with cassette handling (without electrical rack and pumps)
Single chamber with single substrate load lock or cassette handling, Cluster system with cassette handling
SECS II / GEM, OPC